Evidence based health optimisation, biohacking, longevity, nutrition and supplements.
If you’ve found this page then you are interested in hacking your health or the health of someone close to you for optimal health or longevity. First and foremost, welcome and congratulations! You may also be looking for nutrition and supplement advice. Well, you’re in the right place!
(Health Hacker Australia is not associated with the podcast of a similar name).
Real evidence based health information!
What we are about:
- Evidence based approach to health
- Clinical Studies
- Scientific Research
- First hand reports
- Measurable outcomes
What we don’t support:
- Old Wives Tales
- Facebook Fads
Help, what is this all about? What is biohacking?
New to all of this and are at the “holy crap there’s so much to know” stage? Firstly, as stated in Douglas Adams’ Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe, don’t panic! Also, know that we’ve all been there and you are not alone. Firstly, biohacking is simply the term used to talk about improving health by supporting the human body’s natural systems. The best news is, we’ve created a whole section of our site to help you understand the basics before you dive deeper into our more complex sections. We call this our “eli5 or explain it like I’m five” section and it’s full of articles on the basics of nutrition, DNA, mitochondria, supplements and more. We’ve also got a QandA form for help finding specific information for you.
Ready to jump in head first? Seasoned biohacker ready to take it to the next level?
Just here to find the information? We have broken the site up into sections to help you better find the information you are after.
Our “Articles” section contains more subjective analysis of the information available here and elsewhere. We attempt to take information and findings and relay it into more simple English language or point form guides for you to then dig deeper into yourself.
Check out “The Science” section for all the latest publications from medical and scientific journals. We have collated and categorised legitimate scientific studies, reports and meta analyses into easy to follow subjects to help you find the information you are after quicker.
- There Is No Evidence That Associations Between Adolescents’ Digital Technology Engagement and Mental Health Problems Have Increased – Matti Vuorre, Amy Orben, Andrew K. Przybylski, 2021
- Pain receptors linked to the generation of energy-burning brown fat cells: Vascular smooth muscle-derived Trpv1+ progenitors have found to be a source of cold-induced — ScienceDaily
- COVID-19 pandemic has been linked with six unhealthy eating behaviors: Study shows a slight increase in eating disorders, one of the deadliest psychiatric health concerns — ScienceDaily
- Eating before 8:30 a.m. could reduce risk factors for type 2 diabetes: Intermittent fasting study finds eating earlier was associated with lower blood sugar levels and insulin resistance — ScienceDaily
- Consumption of added sugar doubles fat production | EurekAlert! Science News
Supplements and products
If you are looking for supplements check out our Recommended Suppliers and Products page. Here we curate lists of products and supplements that we are aware of being used in the community or by our staff. We cannot guarantee quality or purity but this would be a good place to start to find more reputable products. In the future we will be getting different products lab tested to prove purity and identity.
What does Health Hacker do?
You can also check out Our Services for specific assistance with your own health goals. We can help you find your way to the right information and, a path for you to take to achieve your health goals. We will readily admit when we don’t know but we will help you find an answer and we both learn along the way. First and foremost we facilitate access to information and help disseminate fact from fiction.